We send you a registration code to confirm that you own the phone number you want to use on WhatsApp.
- You can only register a phone number you own.
- You must be able to receive phone calls and SMS to the phone number you are trying to register.
- You must have any call-blocking settings, apps or task killers disabled.
- You must have a working internet connection through mobile data or Wi-Fi. If you’re roaming or have a bad connection, registration may not work.
- To check if you’re connected to the internet, try opening www.whatsapp.com on your phone’s Internet browser.
- You’ll need to use a supported phone number. Unsupported phone numbers can’t be registered on WhatsApp and include:
How to register
You can register one of three ways:
- With a missed call.
- With a voice call.
- With an SMS.
To register with an SMS
- Enter your phone number:
- Choose your country from the drop-down list. This will automatically fill your country code on the left.
- Enter your phone number in the box on the right. Don’t put 0 before your phone number.
- Tap Next to request a code.
- Enter the 6-digit code you receive via SMS.
Note: Depending on your carrier, you might receive charges for SMS and phone calls.
To register with a phone call
You can also register for WhatsApp by receiving a missed call or voice call if you’d prefer not to register with an SMS.
If you didn’t receive the 6-digit code by SMS:
- Wait for the progress bar to finish and retry. The wait may take up to 10 minutes.
- Don’t guess the code, or you’ll be locked out for a period of time.
- If the timer runs out before you receive the code, an option will appear to request a phone call. Choose the Call me option to request the call. When you answer the call, an automated voice will tell you the 6-digit code. Insert that to verify WhatsApp.
If you have issues registering, try:
- Turning your phone off, waiting for 30 seconds, and turning it back on.
- Deleting and reinstalling the latest version of WhatsApp.
- Send a test SMS message or make a phone call from any phone to your own phone number exactly as you entered it in WhatsApp, including the country code, to check your reception.